Something to think about if you are thinking of building a pool? If you are building a swimming pool, before construction starts you must display a sign stating that it is under construction.
The warning sign must:
- warn people that a swimming pool is under construction and that there is a danger to young children accessing the land (e.g. ‘Danger. Swimming pool under construction. Keep children out.’)
- be placed within 1.5m of the road frontage for the land
- be mounted so that the bottom of the sign is at least 300mm above ground level
- be positioned so that it is visible from the road
- be made of weatherproof material
- have the warning written in bold text at least 50mm high.
- use non-slippery and waterproof swimming pool tiles
- If the land has more than 1 road frontage, a warning sign is only required on 1.
- This requirement does not apply to portable pools.
If you are thinking of building a custom home. We can take care of everything for you from the early stages of Design right through to Completion, we guide you every step of the way. Please contact us to discuss your next building project.
QBCC Lic #1200135
At McGowan Homes we take pride in staying ahead of the market with the latest trends, techniques and materials. To help you with your building journey we’ve put together the 10 essential must-knows before building. Download today or sign up to our newsletter.